Effective Date: May 25, 2021
When we use the term “personal information” in this Policy, we mean information about you that is personally identifiable, such as such as your email address, name, company name, and telephone number (collectively, “personal information”) and how we use that information. It does not include aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not reasonably capable of being associated with or linked to you.
Please read this policy carefully to understand what we do with your personal information. If you do not understand any aspect of our Policy, please feel free to contact us as described at the end of this Policy.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information That You Submit to Us
We may collect personal information when you send us a message through the “Contact Us” page or similar features on our Website. We may also collect personal information when you sign up to receive news and updates from us or submit comments through our Website.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of the Website
We may use this information collected through tracking technologies to provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising, recognize you across multiple devices, monitor aggregate usage metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and otherwise enhance our Website and your user experience. We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (“behavioral tracking”). Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking technologies, or to reject browser cookies.
Google Analytics and Advertising
We use Google Analytics to better understand how our users interact with our Website. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google’s site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Our Do Not Track Policy
Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. Enabling this feature on your browser will send a request to our Website not to collect or track your browsing data. Our Website follows “do not track” requests.
We may also participate in interest-based advertising using similar technology. This means that you may see advertising on our Website tailored to how you browse, or you may see advertising for Helados on other websites based on your browsing behavior across websites. Some websites where we may advertise belong to ad networks that use your web browsing history to choose which ads to display on their network websites; these ads may include advertising for Helados. Other websites where you see our ads may use interest preferences that you have chosen on those sites, as well as registration and other information about you, to choose which ads to display to you. Some Internet browsers, websites and mobile devices offer opt-outs for interest-based advertising. Please refer to the website that you are visiting, your browser and/or your device settings for additional information. Certain choices you make are both browser and device-specific.
You can opt-out of receiving interest-based ads from third parties who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website (http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/) and DAA website (http://www.aboutads.info/choices/).
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To Improve Our Products and Services. We may use your personal information to make our Website, products and services better.
- To Understand Your Interests. We may also use your personal information to customize your experience with us. For example, we may use your personal information to better understand what products interest you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. We may use your personal information to respond to your feedback.
- To Communicate With You. We may also use your personal information to contact you about this Policy or our Terms and Conditions.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about new products and special offers. These might be third-party offers or products we think you might find interesting. We may also use your personal information to send you electronic communications, including through email or text message.
- For Promoting our Products. We may use your testimonials submitted through our Website as testimonials to promote our products.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our products and services. It may also include protecting our Website.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may share your personal information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your personal information within the Helados Mexico companies and brands.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third parties who perform services on our behalf, such as companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Website.
- With Third Parties for Our Marketing Purposes. We may share any testimonials that you provide with your identifying information, such as your name. We may post such testimonials on our Website or may further disclose the information via social media sites or for email marketing campaigns.
- With Third Parties for Their Marketing Purposes: With third parties so they can market their products or services, such as through interest-based advertising to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- For Business Transactions or Reorganizations. We may take part in or be involved with a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of all or a portion of our company assets. We may disclose personal information to a third party during negotiation of, in connection with or as an asset in such a corporate business transaction. Personal information may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
- To Comply With the Law or To Protect Ourselves or Third Parties. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena.
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS OLD
Our Website is intended for adults. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 16 though our Website. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have collected personal information from a child under the age of 16, please contact us at:
1237 W State St.
Ontario, CA 91762
Phone: (800) 586-1677
Email: “Contact Us”
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use industry standard security measures and safeguards to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information. However, the Internet is not 100% secure. Like all businesses, we cannot guarantee the security of the personal information you provide to us via the Website. This Website is intended for use in the United States and is subject to the laws of the United States. Our Website is operated and managed on servers located and operated within the United States. By using and viewing the website, you agree and consent to the transfer to and processing of personal information on servers located in the United States, even if you travel or are located outside the United States.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
Our Website may contain links to other third-party sites. We do not own or control third-party sites or their collection or use of your information for interest-based advertising, and they are not governed by this Policy. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at:
1237 W State St.
Ontario, CA 91762
Phone: (800) 586-1677
Email: “Contact Us”
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will post an updated copy of this Policy on our Website. Please check our Website periodically for updates.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
As a California resident, you may be able to exercise the following rights in relation to the personal information about you that we have collected (subject to certain limitations at law):
1. Right to Knowledge
- The right to request the following information relating to the personal information we have collected about you and disclosed in the last twelve (12) months:
- The categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of the personal information;
- The purposes for collecting or sharing the personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information;
- The categories of personal information we have disclosed for a business purpose and the categories of recipients; and
- The categories of personal information we have sold and the categories of purchasers.
2. Right to Access
The right to access and obtain a copy of the personal information we have collected about you in the last twelve (12) months.
3. Right to Request Deletion
The right to request the deletion or erasure of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions as required or permitted by law.
4. Right to Opt Out
You may opt out of the “sale” of your personal information to third parties by clicking on this “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link or contacting us as instructed below. The California law broadly defines “sale” in a way that may include allowing third parties to receive certain information such as cookies, IP address and/or browsing behavior to add to a profile about your device, browser, or you. This profile enables delivery of interest-based advertising on our Website or other sites.
5. Right to Nondiscrimination
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, such as denying you products and services, charging you different rates or prices including use of discounts or penalties, or suggesting or providing a different service level to you.
Marketing Communications: California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code § 1798.83) also permits California residents that have an established business relationship with us to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year or to have the right to opt out of such disclosures. If we disclose information for direct marketing, you may make a request about our disclosure of your information to:
1237 W State St.
Ontario, CA 91762
In the body of your request, you must include: “California Shine the Light Request”, your name, a current California address including, street address, city, state, and zip code, as well as sufficient information for us to determine if the law applies to you. You will need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident. We will not accept requests by telephone, email, or facsimile.
To Exercise Your Rights to Knowledge, Access, Deletion and/or Marketing Opt Outs
You may contact us as provided below if: (a) you have questions or comments about our Policy; (b) wish to know, access, correct, or delete any personally identifiable information you have provided; or (c) want to opt-out from receiving future marketing communications from us. If you want to opt out of the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for interest-based advertising, please follow this Do Not Sell My Personal Information link or follow the instructions below. You can send an email to us by following this “Contact Us” link, or a letter to:
1237 W State St.
Ontario, CA 91762
or call us at (800) 586-1677
We will need to verify your identity before processing most requests, which may require us to obtain additional personal information from you. Please provide your name, email address and mailing address in the original request, as well as an explanation of the rights you wish to exercise. We will only use the personal information provided in connection with a California Consumer Rights Request to review and comply with the request. If you do not provide this information, we may not be able to verify or complete your request in all circumstances.
If you are submitting a request through an authorized agent, we will require you to provide the authorized agent written and signed permission to do so, verify their own identity directly with us, and directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request. Alternatively, you may provide the authorized agent with a power of attorney.
For Nevada Residents
Nevada consumers may opt out of the sale of “covered information” for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information. “Covered information” includes first and last name, address, email address, phone number, Social Security Number, or an identifier that allows a specific person to be contacted either physically or online. We do not engage in the above activity currently.
However, if you are a Nevada resident, you may submit a request to opt out of any potential future sales under Nevada law by filling out the form at the “Contact Us” link. Please use “Nevada Do Not Sell” in the subject line. Note we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request. Once verified, we will maintain your request in the event our practices change.